Decommission of former Ford site
Ford Broadmeadows Assembly factory
Decommission of the former Ford Broadmeadows site
Following the closure of the Ford Broadmeadows Assembly factory in 2016, alterations and reconfigurations of the gas, fire and domestic water services was required to accommodate the decommission and subdivision of the site.
What Kennedys Delivered
Kennedys Aust provided a wide range of services during the decommissioning which included:
- 150 and 200 mm HP gas supply main alterations
- 300 mm LP hot tap
- Purging and commissioning
Fire and domestic water works:
- Over 700 m of PN16 pipe, 250 – 355 mm
- Connections to fire tanks and pumps
- Additional booster assemblies, backflow prevention devices and isolation values
- Butt and fusion welding
Working over eight months, the Kennedys team supplied multiple personnel across the project and delivered a successful outcome for the client.